Focus on Male Contraception MaleContraception@groups.ibpnetwork.org
In celebration of World Contraception Day, the IBP Network hosted a partner convening to discuss the latest trends, research and implementation strategies around male contraception on September 26th, 2022. Over the past few decades male engagement in family planning has operated from the perspective of pregnancy prevention being primarily a woman’s responsibility, with the male partner playing a secondary role in supporting women’s access to and uptake of contraception. However, reinforcing men’s supporting role may have inadvertently cemented women’s contraceptive burden and exacerbated gender inequitable roles. The World Health Organization invites all partners to initiate a renewed commitment towards male contraception that includes not only support as partners but also as advocates for male contraceptive methods and options.
Objectives of the Community:
To bring awareness to available male contraceptive options
To enlighten participants on research efforts on male contraception
To call for renewed focus on male contraception and discuss more partner engagement
Graphic courtesy of: Dr. Brian Nguyen, Keck School of Medicine USC
- 1,442 Members
- 2 Topics , Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of global .
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.